Story with China - CPEC
1. TEC CEO - Siddiq-ur-Rehman gave the following inputs to the planning commission of Pakistan before the signing of the CPEC agreement in July 2013. Formed task force for implementing Pak-China 5 year Economic Cooperation Plan signed in 2006, resigned in 2011. In 2016 identified 100 win-win projects on the basis of agro, mineral raw materials in Pakistan, products required by the Chinese market, and connected 1700 available exportable for the Chinese market in Pakistan.
2. Engr. Siddiq-ur-Rehman was consulted by the Govt. before the CPEC agreement as he had a unique role in promoting the Pak–China Economic cooperation Govt. policy input, have worked
with Chinese collaboration public & private sector mega industrial projects:
a. Govt. Policy input; consultant for FTA (Free Trade Agreement) & economic strategy with China, Ministry of Commerce in 2005
b. Have worked with public sector mega industrial projects, Heavy Mechanical Complex Taxila, Pakistan Aeronautical Complex Kamra, F-6 Aircraft engine rubber & metallic parts manufacturing squadron raising at PAF Base Faisal Karachi.
c. In the private sector, he has set up three Rs. Billon investment Soda ash, Ethanol, H2O2 projects with Chinese know-how and plant equipment. Punjab has only these chemical sector greenfield projects for the last 30 years.
3. In December 2013, was notified by the planning commission of Pakistan for the CPEC core team, along with Director Gwadar projects, etc.
4. Have been a consultant with FWO (Frontier Works Organization) the main organization responsible for connecting Gwadar through easter & western corridors for two years. Outlined eight SEZ along with ML2.
5. Have arranged mega-events on CPEC industrial cooperation at Lahore Chamber of Commerce & Industry and the Federation of Pakistan Chamber of Commerce Punjab province by inviting Chinese Counsel General, Provincial, federal Govt. Ministers, officials, and the business community.
6. In 2015, he presented the “CPEC industrial cooperation road map” at Yiwu international BRI conference at the invitation of Peoples University.
7. In 2016, presented CPEC Industrial Cooperation at the international conference on “Green development global governance” at Wuhan University.
8. In 2016, he has presented the “Road map for win-win CPEC industrial cooperation” at the Pakistan embassy in Beijing to the top 500 companies club.
9. In 2017 presented “Role of quality & standards in CPEC industrial cooperation” at the Xi An international conference on the silk route.
10. His observation is that broad-based economic cooperation will generate revenue and huge public support to make the CPEC a flagship BRI project a great success.
11. TEC have registered the Industry Resource Centre trade mark “China 0 KM” platform with IPO Pakistan, signed MOU with Shaanxi Govt., Anshan Industrial Park, Shandong light industry design institute for organized efforts in promoting Industrial Cooperation.
Furthermore, Siddiq-ur-Rehman Rana's next generation have joined hand with TEC in implementing.
Long live Pak – China friendship